Want to learn how to make your own personalized lip balm? Let me share with you these easy steps for making your own natural lip balm. What’s good about making your own is that you get the benefit of knowing exactly what you're putting on your mouth. Many commercial lip balms are made with petroleum derivatives which have been banned from cosmetic use in many countries because they contain impurities that can cause cancer and other health problems.
So here are the basic three ingredients of a lip balm recipe to get you started:
• 2 tablespoons olive oil or sweet almond oil
• 1 tablespoon grated beeswax (you can use a pure beeswax candle for this)
• 1 Vitamin E capsule (400 IU)
• Place the oil and wax in a heatproof cup (such as a heavy glass measuring cup.) Poke a hole in
the Vitamin E capsule and squeeze its liquid into the oil and wax mixture.
• Place the heatproof cup in a pot of water on the stove and heat on low just until the wax melts. Remove immediately from heat.
• Pour the liquid into a small screw-cap jar or lip balm jar or tube. Allow to cool (it will solidify) before using.
It’s easy isn’t it? With just a few ingredients and few minutes time, you can make your own personalized natural lip balms.